Friday, July 16, 2010

Strange Weather

So yesterday it got up to 107 degrees out here, in Rosamond, CA. (it is the Antelope Valley High Desert) But out of nowhere we got a thunderstorm. Loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life, lightning, and pouring rain that filled the gutters inside ten minutes, and lasted for a couple of hours. Strangest weather change I have ever seen in my lifetime, even when it hailed one day in June back when I was in high school. Oh yeah, and the power was out, for about six hours. Good grief, it was miserable. What do you do? Read a book by candlelight? Lay out on your roof and test fate? You certainly couldn't call anyone from a cordless phone. Nope, you go to the store (one far enough away that they still have electricity, of course) and buy some BEER!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment