Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Got Hungry

How come I'm not writing about jewelry? I will, soon, I promise. But I GOT HUNGRY! There's this stuff my mom used to make, but since no one else in our family but her and I would eat it, she stopped. Italian Stewed Zucchini and Tomatoes with Bacon:
Dirty spoon? Forgive me, it was my second helping. You can stew your own fresh tomatoes if you like, but I used canned. Cook a pound of bacon, remove grease and set aside. 5 or 6 zucchini are sliced up 1/2 an inch thick and sauteed in olive oil with onion and minced garlic, then combined with the bacon and and 4 small cans of Italian stewed tomatoes in a large pot. Add garlic, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, pepper, a tbsp sugar and just enough water so that the zucchini can simmer til nice and tender. Dee-Lish-Uuuss! Some nice garlic bread and maybe some parmesan...
My only regret, and not a very strong one, was choosing to make this in the hot summertime. And now, get ready, for Magical Mystery Mousse! What, you thought we were done here?
 I love watching people eat this while they try to figure out what's in it. You take 7oz of instant vanilla pudding mix and beat it into 24oz of strawberry yogurt with an electric mixer. Then beat in 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, on med-high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in 2 cups of sliced strawberries and it's done. If you use frozen thawed berries, it's a good idea to strain away most of the liquid.
Here's where it gets fun; Variations!

1.Raspberry yogurt-raspberries-cheesecake flavored pudding mix
2. Vanilla yogurt, coconut extract/flavoring-coconut flavored pudding mix-coconut flakes
3. Chocolate yogurt...?
4. Lemon...

No comments:

Post a Comment