Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Won a Treasure

from DivaPixie! a.k.a.
Fools and Jewels. Beautiful wire wrapping in copper.


She has quite an eclectic mix in her studio, and I really like the steampunk. Here are some of my favorites:

What a crazy-beautiful clockwork piece!

And these are gorgeous:
Ya' know, I've had a few wire wrappers tell me that it's "actually pretty easy" or "not as hard as it looks." Nonsense. I know it must take a lot of patience and practice just to have your loops consistent, and figuring out how to get the most from each gauge/type of wire...
I tip my hat to DivaPixie, and all the other wonderful and talented wire-wrappers I've met on Artfire-the best place to shop for handmade gifts.
This Drunkenmimes Ecclectic LadyLand Jewelry, signing off. Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely feature! I do hope you'll come over to my blog and poke around a bit! http://www.divapixie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete